Mike Hembury is an Anglo-Berliner originally from Portland, England. He’s a writer, musician, photographer, sailor, environmentalist and poet in no particular order. You can follow Mike on Twitter here: twitter.com/schnappz
Mike’s recent publications include:
- A novel: New Clone City
- A CD with The Balkonians: Blue Balcony
- A regular column in The Wild Word
- “Broken Places Berlin-Neukölln” in Dark Mountain’s Dispatches from a Stricken World series.
- “Journal of a Journey” on Leopardskin and Limes.
- A limited edition “photopoetic journal” entitled “Sailing with Alcuin“, the result of a week spent in Western Scotland with the Sail Britain project. Selected poems and photographs were also exhibited as part of the Sail Britain Symposium in London, November 2019.
- A piece entitled “The Coastline Project” on ClimateCultures.
- An essay entitled “Hermannplatz” in Elsewhere Journal’s online blog.
- A “letter from Berlin” entitled “Red River Backwards” on the Dark Mountain website.
- A poem entitled “Sweeping the Dust” on ClimateCultures.
- Two poems on Visual Verse
- A autobiographical essay in Dark Mountain 14: Terra
- A short story entitled “November First, Breakfast” in The Wild Word
- Articles in The Huffington Post, Znet, Medium and Green Left Weekly
Mike is also a member of the ClimateCultures community and the International League of Conservation Writers.